Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hanging Out in Tennessee





(NOTE: View a larger picture by clicking on the photo(s) above.)

It is now Sunday, June 15. We have been a little busy this past week, with doctors and all. I’ll fill you in on this in a bit. I suppose you want to know all the details…..or not. Of course, I’m going to tell you anyway.

When we last left you, we were in a temporary site waiting for one to open with a sewer connection. We got one and moved last Sunday. We got the sewer connection we were wanting, but we still only have 30 amp service. This means that we can’t use the little oven and the electric water pot together, if the air conditioner is going and the TV is on, etc. I guess one out or two isn’t bad. We will make do.

You see a picture of our new site above (photos number 1 & 2). You can see by the second photo that we have our “dish network” set up for our TV service. This is the first time we have used it since we left Arizona, the 4th of April. You also see our bikes riding on the back, which also have not been used since we left Arizona. But we are not alone in this lack of bike use. In the third picture you see two RVs in front of our site that also have bikes hanging on the rear. Each of these has been here as long as we have, and their bikes have not been used either. Do you think it is just a “for show” thing? We promise to use ours……….later! The last picture is a view just to the side of our trailer. A nice country setting for an RV park.

Ok, so now I will let you know what has been going on with me and my back. I have been acting like the “crooked old man” of children’s rhyme fame. I’m sure that people who have seen me out wondered what in the world I was doing. Walk a few steps…stop and bend forward ninety degrees for a few seconds….walk some more and repeat…and repeat….and repeat. Not a pretty picture.

I got that MRI on Thursday. They had to sedate me so that I would be able to lie flat on my back, and perfectly still, for 30 minutes. I remember starting into the MRI tube, and I remember coming out. In between, I had a terrific 30 minute nap. The only way to go! The next day I went back to see the doc.

The story is that I have some severe nerve pinching going on in Lumbar 4 and 5, and some moderate to severe squeezing in Lumbar 2 and 3. Of course, you know that there are only five lumbar disks in the lower back. Number 1 only has mild to moderate problems. Three cheers for Number 1!

Ok, now we know what the problem is. So, what do we do? The next step is to see the Neurosurgeon. Hopefully, I will be able to do that this week. I have to wait for a referral from my primary care doctor. The person who makes the appointments was out last Friday, so I will try tomorrow to get the procedure completed. If all goes well, I can see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday….or maybe Thursday.

It is possible that I can stall surgery for awhile by having an epidural injection. We will have to see what the neurosurgeon has to say about that. We are still hoping to get to Georgia on schedule to do our camp hosting duties at Fort Yargo State Park. I have improved and am able to move a little better and with less pain. We’ll see how my luck holds. However, it is Parsons’ luck, and if you have been reading, you know about that.

That is enough about that stuff. After all, this is not a medical blog. We hope to have more “jolly” stuff next time. Until then, may your summer be filled with pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment